Monday, August 17, 2009

Wins Thai 2

Wins Thai 2 - Valley Village
$ - under 10

I was starving and a little too excited to dig into my $6.95 lunch special that i completely forgot to take a photograph of my tasty meal. Here is the remains...

This place is quaint and unassuming. When i dined there it was a Sunday. My date and I noticed we were the only people in the restaurant. The ambience felt a little strange but it was nice and peaceful all the same. 

I ordered the Satay chicken lunch special which is four grilled sticks of chicken marinated in yellow curry served with spicy peanut sauce, rice and a crispy vegetarian egg roll. My partner ordered the beef kra pow which also came with rice and egg roll. Kra Pow turned out to be a knock out chilli mint stirfry. I think the satay sauce was pretty average and a little too smooth for my taste buds. I enjoyed the kra pow because of the spicy sauce. The egg rolls were fantastic. No fortune cookies after the meal. I hear the pad thai rocks here so i will try it next time. If you can go without the bells and whistles this place is a simple, quick thai best to go for $6.95.  

Wins Thai 2
11688 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 763 4463

No comments:

Post a Comment